[BBLISA-announce] Upcoming meetings

Adam S. Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Jan 21 16:28:36 EST 2004

Just a quick preview of our next two talks . . .

On February 11th, Bill Van Etten from The BioTeam (the same place as
Chris Dagdigian, for those of you that remember Chris' talk about
compute farms back int he summer) will talk about bioinformatics, the
popular applications bioinformaticists use, how and why they use them,
and a little bit of the science behind what they (the people and the
programs) are doing.

March 10th, David Parter from the University of Wisconsin will present:
"Pay Attention to the Person Behind the Curtain: A behind-the-scenes
look at system administration and the state of the profession."

As always, meetings are held in MIT E51; this spring we're in room 149.
Introductions and announcements at 7:00, door prizes at 7:25, and formal
presentation at 7:30.

I hope to see you all at both these meetings!

AdamM