[BBLISA] audit root/sudo users for RHEL 6 server

John Miller jorymil at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 16:03:46 EDT 2020

If they're unable to read /etc/passwd and /etc/sudoers, that would be a
problem.  But those files are only the start of who might have root
privileges on a system: think about all the members of the sudoers group,
for example, or all the people whose SSH keys allow them to log in as one
of these accounts.  If you're using any sort of directory for
authentication, you'll want to take that into account as well.  The output
of 'getent passwd' and 'getent group' will take you a little closer to
getting all the available system users.

John