[BBLISA] MBR that reboots machine

Dean Anderson dean.anderson71 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 17:07:44 EDT 2016

Well, there are two timeouts to contend with:

the first is waiting for the pxe/dhcp server. This can't be fixed directly, but the MBR trick will work. Well, It will if you have an MBR and aren't building a new machine.

The second is the tftpserver. This is more commonly the problem. And I fixed this at BofA by increasing the timeout in the PXE boot loader.  We didn't see this issue except with building systems where the build server is out of country or quite distant network-wise and latency or packet loss could be an issue.  [and if this sounds like a clstrfk, it was, but there are banking rules for in-country compute/border controls and we don't want in-country build infrastructure.]

  --Dean

Sent from my iPhone