[BBLISA] MBR that reboots machine

Bob Webber webber at panix.com
Fri Oct 7 14:51:11 EDT 2016

I agree with DSR that USB sticks are at least enough better than what you’re doing now to be worth the effort.

However, if you really want to use a custom MBR, there’s a list of some relatively well-known bootloaders on Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_boot_loaders) that includes a column noting whether or not that particular bootloader will fit in an MBR.

Also, the page of linkage from the “mbldr” (which seems to be FOSS) has references to related projects and relevant BIOS/MBR details.

Good luck!