[BBLISA] IPv6 as a security improvement?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Tue Oct 4 17:29:45 EDT 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4)
<bblisa4 at nedharvey.com> wrote:
>> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of Dan Ritter
>>
>> Hidden causality: the kind of people who set up IPv6-only
>> systems in 2016 pay more attention to security than everyone
>> else. This will change.
>
> Disagree. In this case, both the IPv4 and IPv6 systems were intentionally set up with bad security, and the IPv6 address was never even attacked. Plus, I could argue the point of whether or not there's a type of person who does IPv6 or IPv4 stuff, or how well they do it.

To be fair to Dan, IPv4 has so much low hanging fruit that there is no
reason to scan IPv6
space for targets.  Thus my attempt to determine what the likely
difficulty would be to
do a scan if IPv4 scan for some reason became less productive.

Bill Bogstad