[BBLISA] Poll: # of memorized passwords?

Rich Braun richb at pioneer.ci.net
Fri Sep 18 16:29:37 EDT 2015

>> A straw poll:
>> - How many passwords do you keep memorized?

85 for "home" usage, probably 200 for work, scattered everywhere.  Just added
a new one this morning: on fcc.gov to complain about my ISP violating 47 USC
549 broadband policy.

>> - Do you use a password manager (LastPass, KeePass, etc.)?

LastPass.  I use it to generate a unique 14-byte random string for every
remote app. The enterprise version works on my phone, though mobile apps make
usage inconvenient (you have to switch to LastPass, look up the entry, copy
pw, then switch back to your app and paste pw) so as functionality of a lot of
services moves further each year from the browser into custom apps, the whole
paradigm becomes an annoyance.

-rich