[BBLISA] solution to web sites with incomplete SSL cert chains

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Fri Sep 18 13:03:33 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:57 AM, John Miller <johnmill at brandeis.edu> wrote:
> That's pretty shady on Target's part.  I'd let their support team know, ASAP.

Frontline web support responded with:
=====
We want your Target.com experience to be fun and easy. Sometimes,
technical problems may get in the way.

 Try these troubleshooting tips:

·         Delete your browser history

·         Clear your cookies

·         Restart your computer
====

after I explicitly asked them to forward it on to someone technical.
 It looks like the help site is managed via siteforce.com so maybe
they are the ones who could fix it.

As an end user of Firefox, I really shouldn't have to be an Internet
expert to figure out to whom I should report this problem.   Even
though Firefox isn't at fault here, the fact that Chrome worked fine
(for whatever reason) means that people likely to switch browsers just
to get things done.  It would be in Firefox's best interests to
provide a good way to report problems like this in order to shame the
web sites into fixing the problem.

Bill Bogstad