[BBLISA] What does SharePoint break for non windows users?

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Tue Sep 1 07:24:59 EDT 2015

> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of Paul Beltrani
>
> Calendering using Linux and
> Exchange is next to useless.

That was my point about not limiting some people from doing some stuff that works on their platform, just because it doesn't work on another platform. You wouldn't want to eliminate calendaring for other people, just because there's no linux calendar worth a steaming pile in the sand. This isn't exchange's fault; the problem is the absence of a good calendar on linux, regardless of whether the server is exchange or anything else.

Each platform is better at some things. Calendaring happens to be a linux weak point.

Similarly, I think IMAP is a pile of rubbish, and I would hate to be confined to IMAP just because that's what's available in a mail client on linux. I really enjoy the fact that I can tweak all my viewing preferences and junk mail options and filtering rules, and all that stuff gets synchronized across my outlook clients, and my email is received via instant push, rather than polling. And so many other nice features that aren't part of IMAP.