[BBLISA] migrate SLES 11 system to Centos

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Thu Oct 22 11:13:34 EDT 2015

You only have two choices:

Hopefully you have some documentation on how it was configured. Ideally it would be something like ansible, puppet, chef, salt, executable documentation, that's easy to tweak for a different OS.

Barring that, you just have to evaluate what services it provides, and figure out what changes you'll need to make on the new Centos system, in order to provide those services. Hopefully this time it will be documented, ideally in the form of ansible playbooks or whatever.