[BBLISA] Experience with docker?

Bill Bogstad bogstad at pobox.com
Wed May 6 11:50:32 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 5:03 PM,  <couch at cs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> Clarification: we do have a build process for docker containers. This is far
> easier than a build process on the various linuxes our people have, and it
> does things like pulling releases of the major components from Github. So,
> we aren't end-running around creating a build process. But this still takes
> a lot of time to manage.

So you are using docker to provide a "virtualized" programming environment
which is easily used on multiple host systems.   Given how difficult such
environments can be to set up, that sounds like a good idea.   Do you also
use/require docker for deployment of the software that you are developing?
If not, I would think you would need to be able to set up compatible
environments
for compilation/testing/deployment anyway.

Bill Bogstad