[BBLISA] Whatever happened to Seagate?

Mason Loring Bliss mason at blisses.org
Tue May 5 14:56:49 EDT 2015

On Tue, May 05, 2015 at 11:47:33AM -0700, Rich Braun wrote:

> ...you can buy a consumer-grade magnetic drive for $40/TB, an enterprise-
> grade one for $70/TB, but still have to pay north of $500/TB for SSD.

This made me curious, so I checked NewEgg. They've got roughly 20 different
one-terabyte SSDs listed for under $500. The prices are moving rapidly. Their
cheapest is $340.

That said, it's still a lot more than spinning rust, and I'm generally in
favour of spinning rust for non-mobile applications.

--
Mason Loring Bliss             mason at blisses.org            Ewige Blumenkraft!
(if awake 'sleep (aref #(sleep dream) (random 2))) -- Hamlet, Act III, Scene I