[BBLISA] Backup Windows systems to samba?

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Thu Mar 12 22:18:49 EDT 2015

> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Nixon
>
> Have you considered Windows Backup (comes with windows 7/8)?    The
> latest version is very featureful and I'm pretty sure, but could be mistaken,
> that it can do baremetal restore.

Oh yes.  That was easily eliminated -

I could complain about the granularity of backups, but the *main* killer was the restore process.  Very inflexible boot media, but even when I got it working, and started doing a test restore of my test laptop, it estimated 4 days to perform the restore ...  So I let it sit for a day, and it was still estimating 2-3 days remaining...  So I scrapped windows backup as a contender.

That was a couple years ago.  I doubt it's improved.