[BBLISA] Looking for FDE single system windows 8

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Wed Jan 28 14:20:01 EST 2015

> From: bblisa [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On Behalf Of John
> Orthoefer
>
> SW FDE, no end of issues.  multiple days of lost time while we plug the disk
> into another box, and run the "Decrypter" Live Disk.  then re-encrypt.   It's
> really amazing, it seems to the "Only" fix they have for a lot of
> problems.  Decrypt it stand-alone, uninstall, re-install and re-encrypt.   For
> any modern disk this is like 24-36 hours.

Wow.  I don't know how you could run into such troubles.  I've used an awful lot of Truecrypt (several systems), BitLocker (hundreds of systems), and Filevault (dozens of systems), without any problems on any one of them, over the last several years.

I've never once had to decrypt and re-encrypt a system.  If I had, I would have expected about 5 hours, as it takes 2-3 hours to encrypt the whole drive (depending on the size of the drive).