[BBLISA] Monitoring your AWS instances

Edward Ned Harvey (bblisa4) bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Sun Sep 28 09:56:31 EDT 2014

I would really like to hear from anybody else who has AWS machines, and alerting/monitoring of those systems (by a system other than Amazon's own monitoring system).

The number of alerts I'm receiving about systems being unreachable and then becoming reachable again is ... Crazy to say the least.  Several dozen last night alone, several dozen in the prior week, several dozen again each weekend for the last several weeks.  It's horrible.

All systems being monitored, as well as the system doing the monitoring, are in US VA East.