[BBLISA] Config management survey

Nick Cammorato nick.cammorato at gmail.com
Wed May 28 17:08:56 EDT 2014

Replicate what you have.  Don't get fancy.

So in puppet, use file resources(or equivalent) to place your current
configs on your machines, start and keep running the services that are
currently running, etc. Don't go class crazy or jump immediately into the
forge.  Gradually refactor that into a more advanced deployment as you have
time / maintenance windows / downtime tolerance - or can adequately lab /
test.

If you want to go whole hog immediately - ideally you do it parallel to
what you have as part of a new build out.

--Nick