[BBLISA] Mac users ssh client and changing host keys

Jurvis LaSalle jurvis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 12:14:47 EST 2014

In specific instances, I've replaced the built-in ssh with
http://www.psc.edu/index.php/hpn-ssh to increase sftp/scp throughput
between hosts with big pipes.

I recently had to work through a cron'd rsync+ssh to a round-robin DNS
record and added this stanza to ~/.ssh/config:

Host roundrobin.example.com
        IdentityFile ~/.ssh/id_rsa.roundrobinrsync
        StrictHostKeyChecking no
        CheckHostIP no
        UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null

I would not recommend overriding these settings for a wide swath of hosts,
ie don't put an asterisk in Host definition.