[BBLISA] pre-comment on tonight's meeting ("Fragile Ops")

Patrick Cable pc at pcable.net
Wed Jan 8 13:47:11 EST 2014

John, Adam, et. al. have always mentioned "Hey, BBLISA is a great place to
dry run your presentations before you go elsewhere!" And when John
mentioned he needed a speaker for January, I had this in the works and said
"Hey, sure!" To that end, I am actively seeking feedback and iteration on
this.

One note though: This talk is geared mostly towards a business crowd, not a
sysadmin crowd -- since I'm giving this talk at a business school in
February.  My goal is to  trying and package up some stuff we see on our
side of the world and put a bow on it for business types and say:
 - Hey, here are some reasons your central/enterprise IT group is
frustrating.
 - "Putting some cloud on it" sounds pretty enticing. I think this is why.
 - Here are things you may want to think about to turn your IT department
from a cost center into a business peer

I look forward to a good conversation tonight!

- Patrick