[BBLISA] Troubleshooting iptables/netfilter problems

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Fri Feb 28 15:52:50 EST 2014

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 12:14:30PM -0500, John P. Rouillard wrote:
> I have not seen this, but you could simplify the rule and remove
>
>      "-m state --state NEW"
>
> for testing to see if the problem goes away. That should eliminate any
> issues with the state setup and allow all ldap traffic to pass
> through.

I vote for this as a permanent solution.  Why would you want netfilter
to track state on inbound connections to a server in most cases?  Are
you also filtering outbound replies or do you have a default-allow
outbound ruleset?