[BBLISA] Puppet pre-commit hooks/Mac clients

David Blank-Edelman dnb at ccs.neu.edu
Thu Apr 3 10:44:05 EDT 2014

On Apr 3, 2014, at 10:36 AM, John Miller <johnmill at brandeis.edu> wrote:

> Anyone running Puppet on their OS 10.9 (Mavericks) laptops?  Run into any difficulties getting it installed?  We're starting to do pre-commit hooks in our git repos, and I'd like to help out the guys in the office (I'm running Linux on my laptop, so client-side Puppet's a breeze for me).

I’m running it on my laptop strictly for puppet parser validate/puppet-lint for development purposes (i.e. it isn’t managing my machine). There was a period of time when it didn’t work on Mavericks because the facter install was broken on this version. That has since been resolved, so my big tip is to make sure you are running relatively recent versions of facter/puppet.

     — dNb