[BBLISA] need network consultant to help diagnose high latency on our uplink

Alex Aminoff alex at basespace.net
Mon Mar 18 16:18:16 EDT 2013

Hi folks. We need a network consultant to help us diagnose half second+
latency on one of our uplinks under congestion conditions. Having heard
Jim Getty's talk on buffer bloat, our situation appears like that might
be the problem. We have the skill to make config changes we found online
to our Cisco 2600 router, but not the skill to determine what if any
effect those changes have.

We would like to hire someone who can troubleshoot this for us. We are
not interested in advice of the form "buy X equipment", nor "use X
tool". If the problem can not be solved by config changes on the Cisco
router, we would like the consultant to explain to us why and we will
decide what to do from there.

Thanks for any pointers to reputable, competent people.

  - Alex Aminoff
    BaseSpace.net &
    National Bureau of Economic Research