[BBLISA] NAC implementations?

Rob Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Mon Mar 11 22:52:41 EDT 2013

Hi Guys. This is the first of many questions that I have for the list. I will send them in separate e-mails so that they can each thread on their own subject.

Has anyone out there deployed any type of NAC solution for their network? For wired and/or wireless.
Looking to see if we can control access to the network to "registered" employees, and make sure that they have updated patches and antivirus before getting on our network.
For user machines, we are mostly a windows and OSX shop, with a smattering of linux here and there.
What have people used? We what did you like, what did you hate? Any hidden caveats that got you after purchase/implementation?
How much did you have to change your network setup to work with the NAC solution?

I'm just starting to research it. I've looked a little at packetfence so far.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.

rgt

Whitehead Network/System Administrator