[BBLISA] Project management software

Michael Tiernan michael.tiernan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:36:19 EST 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM, stephen g. wadlow <sgw at wadlow.net> wrote:

> What projects/products do people currently like for conventional project
> management?   OSX-friendly tools are what I'm looking for, but given the
> level of interest at the meeting, I'm sure people would love to hear about
> any good tools that do the job.   Bonus points in my case if the
> project/product can read Microsoft Project files.

When the rare need arises for me to do anything resembling such tasks, I
have a small group of things I turn to.
OpenProject
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj/

GanttProject
http://www.ganttproject.biz/

For small things:
GanttPV
http://www.pureviolet.net/ganttpv/?v=0.11bm

Another lightweight variation
iProject
http://www.rocketdownload.com/program/iproject-164610.html

For working on/with Macro$lop project tools:
MOOS (Don't ask me where they got their name)
http://www.moosprojectviewer.com/

Planit
http://www.invoax.com/planit

Don't know much about this:
http://allworldsoft.com/software/1-968-intellisys-project-desktop.htm

jxProject
http://www.jxproject.com/

There's others that I may have buried in my archives. Let me know if you
want me to do any more digging. I'd like to hear how you find these tools
are.
--
    << MCT >>   Michael C Tiernan.
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/mtiernan