[BBLISA] DHCP server choices?

Matthew Barr mbarr at mbarr.net
Thu Aug 29 16:26:15 EDT 2013

Just to note:  FreeIPA does not currently have DHCP support.

Foreman does, as does cobbler.

Matthew

(sent from my mobile)

On Aug 29, 2013, at 12:08 AM, John Miller <johnmill at brandeis.edu> wrote:

Hi Mark,

The issue with ISC dhcpd is just an overall difficulty of use that's on the
high side.  Configuration options aren't always clearly documented (though
that could certainly just be my need to read the right docs).  As far as
actual functionality goes, once you understand the config options, dhcpd
works fine.

I hadn't considered managing dhcpd with LDAP--there are some
ownership/management issues with LDAP at work--but I'll look into it.  If
it can provide us with a more dynamic configuration interface (using a web
gui to write static config files only takes you so far), I'd be all for
it.  Any doc suggestions, or are the manpages and the mailing lists about
it?

I'll check out FreeIPA--we do indeed use Kerberos (via Active Directory,
though) quite heavily.  If nothing else, it's another tool to be aware of.

John

--
John Miller
Systems Engineer