[BBLISA] DHCP server choices?

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Aug 29 10:31:40 EDT 2013

John> Apart from Microsoft DHCP and ISC DHCPD, are you aware of other
John> DHCP servers out there?  We'll be considering a revamp later
John> this fall, and aren't enamored with the two I've just mentioned.

What are you looking for in a DHCP server?  You don't really give us
any idea of what feature(s) are important, and what you feel is wrong
with the two listed above.

Personally, I'd go with ISC myself, but it all depends on what your
needs are.  Do you need to have clients register in DNS properly?  Do
you need AD integration of some sort?

Do you need to have some sort of landing page where end points
authenticate before they're allowed into the Brandeis production
network?  Do you have multiple networks (public, staff/faculty and
student,etc) and you need to lock people into one or the other?

John