[BBLISA] address hijacking

Daniel Feenberg feenberg at nber.org
Fri Aug 23 10:28:25 EDT 2013

I am beginning to believe that One Communications has hijacked our address
space. At the moment any traceroute from a Comcast cable modem in the
Boston area to us dies somewhere in New York on a One Communications
router. How do I approach them when I am not a customer? I took this up
with our ISP (Windstream) and they declined to assist, as did Comcast. In
niether case could I speak with a person who understood what was going on.

Our IPs are in the range 66.251.72.0/23. The Windstream side of our router
is 63.139.191.117. Traceroutes from Comcast to the latter do succeed, to
the former fail. They take completely different paths. Traceroutes from
inside our LAN to Comcast also fail, usually ending at a Level3 router in
NY. None of the ISP mentioned here have a working looking glass.

Thanks for any advice, suggestions.

Daniel Feenberg
617-863-0343