[BBLISA] small business and "prosumer" email options: Yahoo Business Email, FastMail

seph seph at directionless.org
Tue Aug 13 14:01:32 EDT 2013

Tom Metro <tmetro+bblisa at gmail.com> writes:
> I also ran across this blog posting on "Switching from Gmail to
> FastMail"[5]. What's FastMail[6]? I had never heard of it. Apparently it
> is a hosted email service ran by Opera Software (yes, the browser guys)
> that actually predates Gmail. I don't think they have a free tier, only
> a free trial. Personal plans start at $5/year. Business plans[7] start
> at $30/year and increment by $15/year for each additional user.

Fastmail has been around for *ages*, and I've been using them for longer
than I can remember. They got acquired by opera a handful of years ago,
and rewrote their entire imap stack.

I find their new imap stack pretty quirky, and somewhat buggy.

I have enthusiastically recommended them in the past, but since their
rewrite I wouldn't not recommend them. I have also not found their
support people at all responsive to complaints about this. (Like, I've
never gotten a response)

seph