[BBLISA] Large file transfer in 65ms latency

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Thu Apr 4 21:15:21 EDT 2013

Tika> I am looking for the solution to transfer large oracle database
Tika> files about 2TB between two datacenters which have latency of
Tika> 65ms with 1gpbs p2p link. What are the options to reduce the
Tika> transfer time? I have Linux at both ends. Any software or
Tika> protocol or tuning the OS parameters?

bbcp, works great.  Get it from the homepage at Stanford.  It's a bit
funky to use, but for large files, it's great and it would be easy
enough to script out.  It sends a file as multiple streams, and I've
used it to saturate a pair of T-3s across country with about 100-120ms
delay.

John