[BBLISA] 10GBE NICS

Kendall Libby fubar at pir.net
Thu Oct 11 08:17:58 EDT 2012

>>>>> "feenberg" == Daniel Feenberg <feenberg at nber.org> writes:

feenberg> I found that someone with an Emulex card has the same
feenberg> problem we see (no packets move for PXE, otherwise works) -
feenberg> http://www.mail-archive.com/xcat-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01574.html

feenberg> So this seems to be a generic problem with most 10GBE
feenberg> NICS. Mysterious.

Interesting.  We recently went through a whole lot of trouble with
getting 10GbE Mellanox cards to PXE boot on some IBM iDataplex nodes.
Turns out the boot ROM on the Mellanox card didn't support PXE booting
*at all*.  The latest version did, but only with UEFI boot mode; we
had to roll back to an earlier verion of the FW and ROM to get legacy
BIOS PXE boot.

Probably not what you're running into, but one never knows.

K.