[BBLISA] slow wan link

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Thu Jun 7 09:51:48 EDT 2012

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Edward Ned Harvey
>
> Also - This seems obvious, I don't know why I didn't mention it before -
>
> The problem might be sporadic.  You say you measure 20-30ms roundtrip
> ping
> response, but do you do that *all* day long?  Do you do that at the same
> exact moment that people demonstrate the slowness happening?

Actually - Also -
Are you pinging the same machine they're trying to connect to?  Maybe you're
getting good responses from machine A, while the network bottleneck is more
localized, affecting the machine they're tyring to use, Machine B...

And have you confirmed that the server isn't overloaded?  (Problem isn't
necessarily on the local side...)