[BBLISA] BBLISA June 13 meeting Dell Kace systems management

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Jun 6 21:56:34 EDT 2012

Hello all:

[ Note we seem to have a room change from what is posted on the web
  site. I will verify, but it looks like we are in room 395 in building
  E-51 and NOT in room 145 due to AV upgrades occuring in room 145. ]

On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 7PM we are pleased to present Harold
Moore on:

   Keeping up with Systems Management across Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.

How do you keep all of your systems (Windows, Mac, Linux)? Do you find
yourself having to use multiple toolsets? Enterprises keep adding new
types of system s (a resurgence in the Mac community and new Linux
applications being developed every day) that only increase the demands
on the systems administration team. On top of that, there are growing
regulatory and compliance (software licensing) demands placed on the
team. How can you streamline the systems management processes
(software distribution, asset management, patching, O/S deployment,
compliance reporting, etc.)? The Dell Kace systems management
appliance was designed to make it easy for you to manage all of your
systems from one console. We'll discuss common challenges that systems
administrators face today and how best to address them.

Harold Moore has worked in the systems management field for over 15
years. Harold worked at Novell from 2000-2007. He worked on the System
Engineering team that was responsible for systems management and the
Suse Linux/Open Enterprise Server. Harold then joined Altiris/Symantec
working in systems management group supporting management of MAC,
Linux and Windows. Harold Joined Dell in March 2011 and works in the
Dell-Kace division. Harold has a BA from the University at Albany in
Communications and Computer Science. He also hold a MS in Computer
Science from Long Island University, CW Post.

MIT E-51, room 395 (note room, possibly subject to change)
7:00 - Announcements & Introductions
7:25 - Door prizes (worth anywhere from $43.99 to $2.99)
7:30 - Formal presentation

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard