[BBLISA] SunFire 4500: Linux + ZFS/FUSE ?

Theo Van Dinter felicity at kluge.net
Sat Jul 7 10:03:51 EDT 2012

Also, ignoring the resilver speed issue, if you have one big raidz2 device,
you're basically guaranteed to lose data eventually.  Lose a controller or
just 3 disks (most of my disk failures happened while recovering from
another failure for example) and you are probably toast.

On the 4500s we had been putting the os on a cf card and did 4x11+4, but os
on raid+4x11+2 also works.