[BBLISA] SunFire 4500: Linux + ZFS/FUSE ?

Ian Stokes-Rees ijstokes at crystal.harvard.edu
Fri Jul 6 12:20:12 EDT 2012

I just had a conversation with a colleague about turning a 20+ disk IBM
GPFS system into a ZFS-based file server (GPFS no longer licensed), so
this comment:

On 7/6/12 10:20 AM, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> What are your purposes? Have you considered btrfs? Personally, I have
> found btrfs to be more buggy and riddled with landmines than zfs. I'm
> waiting another year before revisiting btrfs again. I like zfs, but
> only in a *fairly* supported configuration.
made me wonder "what is a 'supported configuration'?" -- What other good
options are there for 20-40 disks on two shelves?  Put them into
separate RAID volumes in blocks of 4-8 disks?

Ian