[BBLISA] February recap and a look forward to March

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Fri Feb 17 19:45:08 EST 2012

Hi all:

February's meeting discussed oVirt, presented by Dave Allan. There was
a good amount of discussion by people interested in moving from other
hypervisor systems/control frameworks to kvm/oVirt.

The transition of oVirt from a proprietary control solution running on
windows server to an open source solution running on tomcat was a nice
backdrop to the talk. Dave used the slides from
http://www.ovirt.org/w/images/b/b0/Fosdem2012-ovirt-clean.pdf to
illustrate his talk. One of the questions that came up towards the end
of the presentation after looking at a number of web based control
pages to create, start/stop and control migration of virtual hosts was
cli support. Further in the slide deck was the cli support as well as
there being a programmable REST interface.

For March 14th we have K. M. Petersen presenting on Bacula: An
Introduction to an Open Source backup system

(thanks to Patrick Cable for writing the above summary.)

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard