[BBLISA] Presentation from Velobit?

Adam Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Aug 1 09:16:42 EDT 2012

VeloBit ( http://www.velobit.com/ ) has approached us about presenting
at a future BBLISA meeting. Their product is a software cache for solid
state drives (SSDs) that runs on Linux and Windows. In addition to their
own product their engineers would be willing to talk a bit about any/all
of the fllowing:

    - best practices for SSD deployment
    - SSD performance characteristics
    - what you need to know when programming with SSDs
    - can you trust SSDs for your database
    - what is SSD caching and can it hurt me?

I'm sure that some BBLISA members are interested in some of those topics
but I can't tell if it's worth a whole meeting. Assuming someone from
VeloBit is available for the September 12th meeting, would you attend?
If so, please reply (TO ME!) and include which of the topics (above)
you'd want the meeting to cover.

Thanks,
Adam