[BBLISA] Last week's recap and a look to October

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Thu Sep 22 20:19:33 EDT 2011

For those who couldn't make last week's presentation on:

  Converged Networks, Voice / Video / Storage / Data

you missed an interesting presentation that discussed setting up QOS
on a network. Dealing with layer2/layer 3 boundary issues. What qos
will and won't handle with brief interludes to issues with how net
neutrality is legistated and it's effects on services that would
benefit us.

We have tentatively scheduled for October a discussion on HekaFS
(formerly CloudFS) which will discuss the development that is
happening to address the operational issues that affect BBLISA
members.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard