[BBLISA] Suggestions for commercial network/infrastructure monitoring package?

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:18:36 EDT 2011

My counterpart in our production operations group as asked me about
commercial monitoring packages, something along the lines of Opsview,
OpenView, Netcool etc.  However, I really don't have any experience
with what's current in the commercial space. So, my question of the
list is, does have a commercial package and/or vendor they like in
this area?

As a bit of background and to preemptively answer a few questions I'm
bound to get in reply.
1) Yes, it has to be commercial.  The team that will be using this
package doesn't have the mandate, expertise or people to deploy
anything on their own.  They're looking to buy a solution.
2) We need to monitor 3 or 4 locations, ~ 750 Linux systems, ~ 50
Windows systems, assorted Ethernet and Fibre channel network gear.

You're welcome to reply to me directly.  I'll summarize for the list.

Thanks.

  - Paul Beltrani