[BBLISA] Call for participants: how do you like/hate your ticketing system?

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:08:17 EDT 2011

Hi all:

I am looking for 3-5 people who would be willing to do a 10 minute
presentation on the trouble ticketing issue/request tracking system
you are using. This would be at the BBLISA meeting on November
9th. There are only 2 required slides:

 Three things I hate about X
 Three things I love about X

the rest of the time can be filled with anything you find of interest:

  * a walk through the workflow of your system
  * an exposition of some features/mis-features of your system
  * a diatribe on what you would do better if you had the chance
  * what criteria to use when evaulating the next tracking system 8-)

For this particular meeting, I am looking specifically for systems
that are using in a system adminstration context.

So bugzilla used for a helpdesk is in scope, but RT (or remedy) used
for a software development process is not.

However if what you want to present falls out of scope, please send me
email as it is a good (but separate) topic for those of us who also
have to support developers and I may take you up on it next year.

For those of you who want to improve your presentation skills but
don't have the time/inclination to do an hour+ long presentation this
is your chance. For those of you who manage (or teach) people who
should improve their presentation skills this is also a great
opportunity.

If you are interested please send me email (without cc'ing the list)
with the following info:

  Name of the system (unnamed home grown systems are fine):

  How many admins use the system:

  How many people submit tickets to the system:

  Two things you like about the system and two things you hate (see your
  required slides are already 2/3rds done 8-)):

Thanks for your involvement.
--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard