[BBLISA] Runnign time sync on Windows?

Rudie, Tony Tony.Rudie at fmr.com
Wed Jan 12 15:58:31 EST 2011

A question while we're not gathering to talk about Microsoft SCCM:

Has anyone used Windows servers for time synchronization in an enterprise data center?

We've talked in this forum about using Active Directory for Unix/Linux authentication and directory service, and in fact I am in the middle of a long project to do just that.  A couple of other projects will result in our having a formery multi-purpose set of Solaris boxes, whose only remaining function will be NTP stratum-2 service.

What does anyone think of using AD domain controllers as the focal points for time sync?

Tony Rudié

Server Architect, FIMT/TSO