[BBLISA] 30% Apple

Kathryn Smith aishabintjamil at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 13:52:43 EST 2011

FWIW, this is already what's happening with non-subscription content offered through the itunes store. I write fiction on the side, and my publisher offers e-book versions of their products through the itunes store.

When they started selling through itunes, all the prices went up because Apple required that prices be a minimum which was higher than the lowest priced item (short stories sold individually) they offered before signing up with the itunes sotre, and that it not be available cheaper elsewhere. So a stand-alone short went from $1.50 to $1.99. Longer works went up in price similarly.

Kathryn Smith, writing as Kathryn Scannell
http://kathryn-scannell.dreamwidth.org