[BBLISA] Looking for possible options to NetApp storage

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Tue Feb 1 22:17:05 EST 2011

On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 09:54:00PM -0500, Edward Ned Harvey wrote:
> A couple of years ago I retired our netapp in favor of a sun server with
> solaris & ZFS.  We use it for a NFS/CIFS server.  For this purpose, solaris
> & ZFS are much better functionality than the netapp...  Although I'm sure
> there must be something netapp does better, I don't know what it is.

FWIW, the FreeBSD project has both ZFS and dtrace from Solaris.  I
admit to having explored neither, but [Open]Solaris being in a weird
place, it's nice to have some options to explore.

Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286
Derry NH 03038-1725 USA			BSD admin/developer at large