[BBLISA] Recommendations on VGA extenders - conference table/ceiling mounted projector

John P. Rouillard rouilj at cs.umb.edu
Tue Feb 1 19:39:41 EST 2011

In message <AANLkTim+PTbC8=2PPtb9ZeumCW+purTkpwHa4jMqFgGq at mail.gmail.com>,
Matt Simmons writes:
>You could go with something like this from Monoprice:
>
>http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10201&cs_id=102
>0101&p_id=3572&seq=1&format=2
>
>then run that through the ceiling, down the wall, under the floor, and
>up to the table. They have longer, too, if need be.

I ruled extra long vga cables because we would have to either cut the
cable and splice it in the wall (which has a tendency to kill the
higher resolution signals) or get the floor cored again to pass it (we
already have conduit in the floor, but it won't pass the cable end). I
am sure I could get it plenum rated as well so we could run it in the
ceiling, but I wouldn't want to see the cost 8-).

Thanks for the link however, it may solve a trade show issue.

--
				-- rouilj
John Rouillard