[BBLISA] seeking recommendations for Windows admin training

Adam Moskowitz adamm at menlo.com
Wed Dec 21 14:19:32 EST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 02:07:18PM -0500, Rich Braun wrote:
> What I suggest is set up an inexpensive Core i5 or i7 desktop box with 16-32GB
> or so of RAM (choose a motherboard with at least 6 DIMM slots) so you can
> install a bunch of virtual machines. . . .

It's also possible to do much (all?) of this using Amazon EC2. It's
cheap, you don't have to buy your own hardware, and you don't have to
have a hot, noisy machine running in your house.

Yes, EC2 has Windows VMs.

At LISA, David Blank-Edelman talked about using EC2 to learn something
that required a bunch of machines and said his bill from Amazon was
fifteen cents.

Adam