[BBLISA] local collocation costs (Summary)

Jon Young jon at network-plumbers.com
Wed Apr 27 13:44:04 EDT 2011

I apologize for the delay is the summary.  I thought I had written and sent this a month ago (when I should have).
Thanks for all who responded for their help.  According to the responses, most colos are still limited to 2x20A at 110V/rack (+redundant power if you pay for it) with a few providers offering increased density but none of the responses were for mid-high density.  Costs seemed to average around $1250/month (rack+ non-redundant power only) with a few going a bit below $1k and a few more closer to $1500/month or so.  None of the responses were of the 1 summer kind of collo and some of the responses indicate that there are a number of alternatives for those who are more price sensitive and willing to consider creative options.

Thanks again for the help,
Jon