[BBLISA] Webcam for falcon (aka falconcam)

Rob Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:17:42 EDT 2011

Hi Guys. We have a falcon that nests over where I work and they are
sitting on some eggs. People have requested a camera, so I've been
tasked with getting it going. I can afford a decent camera, (we'll use
it for other things after this) but I'm pretty sure that many people
will want to watch this where I work, and the camera I was looking at
only supports 20 connections. So, I'm probably gonna need a server that
will "reflect" the feed from the camera, possibly stepping down the
resolution as well. (Was thinking an HD camera).

Has anyone done something like this who could point me in the right
direction? I'm all for ordering a camera and tinkering with some
software, but I don't know how long it will be till the eggs hatch, so
I'm in a little bit of a hurry.

The location is outside, so I was looking at getting an AXIS P3344-VE
12mm. I can get a network cable there with POE.

Any recommendations on cameras, software, etc...
would be appreciated.

Thanks.

rgt