[BBLISA] Cloud services: Amazon versus ...

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Mon Oct 4 11:14:03 EDT 2010

> From: Dean Anderson [mailto:dean at av8.com]
>
> How so? And what do you think is good enough?  I've been thinking of
> ending our T1 w/DSL backup services due to Comcast commercial services
> undercutting T1 pricing with more apparent bandwidth for less money.
> [well, maybe not less money if they start charging for b/w usage].

Depends on what you want to do.  If you want to download stuff, you're
probably going to be fine.  If you want to send traffic, you might think
again.

When I had comcast business services, with static IP for a company I
formerly worked at...  they blocked inbound port 22, and outbound port 25.
Their monkeys insisted they didn't, even though I had packet captures
showing they did.  Eventually I gave up arguing with them, and switched
ports until we could switch providers.