[BBLISA] Cloud services: Amazon versus ...

Edward Ned Harvey bblisa4 at nedharvey.com
Mon Oct 4 08:39:56 EDT 2010

> From: bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org [mailto:bblisa-bounces at bblisa.org] On
> Behalf Of Charles Bennett
>
> Clearly you're not a Comcast customer?
>
> As I see it the establishment of "bandwidth" caps is the death-knell
> for
> emerging cloud storage outfits like Carbonite.

No, I'm not a comcast customer, and yes, that's the reason why.  I'll
happily pay a few dollars extra each month for FiOS, (What, $5 or $10 or so)
... And each time the comcast sales guy comes to my door, I waste all his
time listening to his whole schpeal, and asking some questions, and then I
lecture him on net neutrality.

Comcast is not good enough for me.

But I'm not sure that's bringing any of EC2's competitors into the
discussion.  ;-)