[BBLISA] Cloud services: Amazon versus ...

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 21:04:38 EDT 2010

For the thread, I've been very happy with Slicehost,
http://www.slicehost.com/.  For $20/month I have system that's fine
for hosting my email and web servers.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will meet your needs as I believe
they only support Linux.

Something to consider is, do you need the flexibility of Amazon EC2?
Their tools and model are great if you need to spin up systems quickly
for some task and then turn them off.  However, if you're going to be
running one or two servers 24x7, the tools become less useful and the
recurring costs can be greater than that of the "virtual host"
vendors.

  - Paul Beltrani