[BBLISA] comcast ... again

Rob Taylor rgt at wi.mit.edu
Mon Nov 1 12:01:37 EDT 2010

I'm on comcast and have used my own cable modem and router for years.
When my modem died I took theirs, since they told me that they were
going to charge me a monthly fee regardless of whether I rented their
modem or had my own.

I can see why providers may ship their own devices with some presets, so
as to have less configurations to deal with when people call in, but 5
ip's does seem really low.

I mean, I know people who have

Tivo
VoIP
Wii
PS3
roku box
airport express

And that's not including their pc's or phones.

rgt