[BBLISA] Anyone using Oracle Enterprise Linux?

Paul Beltrani spamgrinder at gmail.com
Mon May 10 10:58:14 EDT 2010

Feel free to take a moment to laugh, then please consider the following.

1) We already have a solid infrastructure in place to support our
CentOS/RHEL production systems.
2) As Oracle will not support their product on CentOS  we run RHEL on
our Oracle DB servers. (i.e. CentOS everywhere but the DB servers)
3) In our experience, RHEL support is worse than useless.  i.e. they
actually do provide negative value.

Given that:
 A) It is unlikely Oracle Linux support is any worse than Red Hat's
 B) OEL is much cheaper than RHEL, ~1/3 the price
 C) We're only looking to use OEL for our Oracle DB systems

I think it's worth at least asking the question, does anyone have any
production experience with OEL they would care to share with the list?

  - Paul Beltrani