[BBLISA] emergency pagers

Lukas Karlsson lukwam at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:38:31 EDT 2010

We are using a modem and a POTS line running QuickPage in order to do this.

Nagios uses the qpage client on the nagios server to communicate with the
qpage server which has the modem and phone line.  These can be the same
machine if you wish, which removes a possible point of failure.

QuickPage then talks to the cell provider using their freely available TAP
interface, except for T Mobile which no longer supports this service.

QuickPage - http://www.qpage.org/
AT&T SMS Paging (counts against text plan - heard this was discontinued in
2008 but I believe that's false)
AT&T Enterprise Paging ($30/month unlimited paging) -
http://enterprisepaging.com/faq.jsp
TAP numbers - http://www.notepage.net/tap-phone-numbers-u.htm
T Mobile TAP discontinued -
http://developer.t-mobile.com/loadKbaseEntry.do?solutionId=1164

/l

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Ryan Pugatch <rpug at linux.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently we have pages sent to our mobile phones via the email->SMS
> gateways provided by our carriers (i.e.
> ##########@tmomail.net/text.att.net etc).  Unfortunately, it isn't
> always reliable.  Sometimes our phone carriers decide that our pages are
> spam and drop the messages.
>
> I am interested in how others handle this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ryan

Lukas Karlsson
Somerville, MA